New Features in the BaseSpace Prep Tab
We constantly strive to improve the experience for all users using our tools, and today we are excited to announce a few new updates we have made to the BaseSpace Prep Tab. The BaseSpace Prep Tab makes it easier for our users to prepare and plan a sequencing Run by using a rich web user interface which communicates directly with the instrument to set it up in four easy steps: preparing Biological Samples, Libraries, Pools, and planning a Run which can be discovered by the instrument. At the moment, the Prep Tab supports only NextSeqs but support for MiSeqs and HiSeqs is coming in the future. Today we’ve added a few new features to the BaseSpace Prep Tab, which we will explain in more detail below:
- The ability for users to Import Custom Library Prep Kits
- The ability for users to Import prepped Libraries in one step
- The Prep Libraries section under the Libraries tab is now supported on small laptop screens
For those that would like more information about the Prep Tab, please view the original NextSeq and Prep Tab blog post to learn more.
Import a Custom Library Prep Kit
- When prepping Libraries, under Library Prep Kit drop-down list, you can now choose to add a Custom Library Prep Kit.
- After selecting Custom Library Prep Kit, in addition to naming your kit, you will be asked to specify a few basic options for supported read types, indexing strategies, and default read cycles.
- Now, click on Choose .csv file to select a template file. You can customize your template file with the following information for the new kit:
- Custom adapter sequences
- Custom indexes (name and sequences)
- Custom default layout
Here’s a simple example template file:
- When complete, click Create New Kit to add this kit to the drop-down list that appears for your account.
- You can also view all of your Library Prep Kits under the My Account section of Basespace.
Import Prepped Libraries
- Users can now import prepped libraries all in one step, instead of importing biological samples and prepping them in 2 separate steps.
- First, access the Import feature from the Libraries page within the Prep tab by clicking on Import:
- Click the choose .csv File button
- In your .csv file, specify plate information and a list of libraries to import. The following is a simple example file:
- Once a file is selected, click Open.
- The page will now populate with prepped libraries, ensure that the information displayed is correct.
- When you’re done you can save the plate for later use or proceed directly to pooling libaries!
We hope you enjoy these changes and look forward to more updates in BaseSpace in the future.