BaseSpace™ Clarity LIMS NovaSeq™ Integration v2.2
Integration and interoperability between laboratory systems—or lack thereof—remains a challenge for those performing next-generation sequencing (NGS) or other genomics studies.1 To address this challenge, we developed version 2.2 of the integration between BaseSpace Clarity LIMS and the NovaSeq 6000 instrument. This integration now supports the NovaSeq S4 flow cell, as well as the NovaSeq Xp protocol.
The NovaSeq S4 flow cell delivers up to 6 TB of output in two days and is ideally suited for high intensity sequencing applications. Users can now sequence up to 48 human genomes or 384 exomes per run in less than 48 hours. This innovation paves the way for large-population-scale initiatives at the lowest price per sample, and enables labs to cost effectively perform human whole-genome sequencing.2 And now, users of both BaseSpace Clarity LIMS and the NovaSeq 6000 instrument can access this out-of-the box integration to get up and running with their system sooner.
The new integration helps users track samples throughout the workflow. Specifically, it:
- Supports S13, S2, and S4 flow cells per sample
- Supports different applications on the same flow cell
- Calculates samples and reagents volumes based on the flow cell type
- Creates an output file for use with liquid handling robots
- Validates every step in the workflow
The new integration also tracks sequencing run information in BaseSpace Clarity LIMS to help with troubleshooting or trending:
- Run recipe files (JSON) are automatically generated to set up and initiate the run
- Sample sheets, which are compatible with BaseSpace Sequence Hub and bcl2fastq
v 2.19, are automatically generated and placed directly on the NovaSeq 6000 instrument
- Sequencing run are tracked and run metrics are parsed per lane and per flow cell
If you have questions about this integration, please email Illumina Technical Support.
- Next-Generation Sequencing Informatics: Challenges and … http://www.bing.com/cr?IG=74008A18392242E59F11965A936C0331&CID=1B0873003B0C6EB91053783A3A0A
6F0E&rd=1&h=qZ8eqx6ov_OxkAzDtTWfrbsSZM2WP_pCoQuO66f-AVI&v=1&r=http%3a%2f%2fwww.archivesofpathology.org%2fdoi%2f10.5858%2farpa.2015-0507-RA&p=DevEx,5067.1. Accessed November 14, 2017.
- Illumina.com. (2017). Illumina Releases NovaSeq S4 Flow Cell and NovaSeq Xp Workflow. [online] Available at: https://www.illumina.com/company/news-center/press-releases/2017/2308795.html [Accessed 16 Nov. 2017].
- Upcoming flow cell in the NovaSeq 6000 instrument portfolio
For Research Use Only. Not for Use in Diagnostic Procedures.